And again, I’m very pleased to report a progress on another project. The whole thing started roughly 3 years ago, when I decided to knit a sweater for my baby boy (that wasn’t born yet). Knitting the mini cardigan took me back then just few days…. It was a simple, very straightforward design.
Then I bumped into a problem when I went to few shops and tried to find a suitable zipper… I don’t know why, but nothing I could find looked good. the zippers were either too big or too massive for a tiny newborn cardigan…. And then the baby was born and somehow the sweater ended up in a back of the drawer…..
Now almost 3 years later, I was going through the old newborn cloth, preparing for the arrival of baby nr.2 and I came across the little unfinished sweater.
So I decided to give up my search for a fitting zipper and change the closing to buttons.
Last week I managed to pop into our local craft store and found some cute wooden buttons, and this evening I took the time to finish it all off.
I still really like the way I made the closing for the zipper originally and maybe I will knit another sweater for baby nr.2 when he is few months older using the bigger zipper I have bought previously….